I’ve been away on vacation and business the past couple of weeks and got behind on posting this podcast. It is Mike Q and my third network security podcast with Sam Bowne, Professor of Computer Networking and Information Technology from City College of San Francisco. We continue our discussion with Sam sharing his thoughts on security and providing us with a snapshot of some of the latest and greatest developments in the field of network security.
In this Podcast we discuss - among other things:
- A living bot army control center. IE and Firefox: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2010/05/revisiting-the-eleonore-exploit-kit/
- The recent Google I/O conference which Sam attended. At the conference Sam got a couple of phones one of which (a Droid)he is awarding as a prize in an IPv6 contest: http://samsclass.info/ipv6/droid-contest.html
- The Hurricane Electric IPv6 Certification program: http://bit.ly/d4cRAK
- IPv6 Panel: http://tinyurl.com/2746v7f
- IPv6 Summit in Denver: http://tinyurl.com/23mu7u2
- IPv6 Certification: http://ipv6.he.net/certification/
- IPv6 Tunnels: http://www.tunnelbroker.net/
- Excellent slides explaining IPv6 for beginners: http://www.openwall.com/presentations/IPv6/
- Sam's IPv6-only Web page here: http://samsclass6.info -- you won't see it with plain old IPv4 at all.
Here's how to listen:
To access show notes and audio of our 32 minute and 17 second audio podcast with Sam titled Network Security Update with Sam Bowne click here.
Listen to it directly in your web browser by clicking here.
If you have iTunes installed you can subscribe to our podcasts by clicking here.