2007 was a busy year and things do not look like they will slow down in 2008. Here's my personal top 12 predictions for the year in no particular order:
- Apple announces new 3G iPhone at MacWorld. 3G service will be switchable to conserve battery. New iPhone will also have at least internal storage with SD Card slot.
- First generation Google Phone will be OK but just OK as the bugs get worked out. However.......... just wait for the second generation!
- Patriots go undefeated and win Super Bowl - how can I resist this one?!
- Verizon northern states (Maine, Vermont and New Hamshire) sale to Fairpoint Communications is halted by one of the 3 states.
- Google wins 700 MHz spectrum auction. First Google "telephone" trucks appear on Bay area highways.
- Celtics win NBA championship - this one is a stretch!
- Verizon offers 100 Mbps symmetrical data service to FiOS customers
- Google Docs, Spreadsheet and Presenter webware become available offline.
- Microsoft goes on buying and marketing spree in an effort to keep up with Google's webware applications.
- Red Sox win American League pennant but are upset in the World Series.
- Comcast launches DOCSIS 3.0 100 Mbps data service to compete with Verizon's 100 Mbps FiOS service.
- Video and image search will go mainstream..... watch for my video podcast interview with Atalasoft President Bill Bither coming soon - it's been shot and is being edited now!
Happy New Year!